Things to consider
Before you do anything else, ask yourself if you’re ready to buy a home. There are several variables to consider—financial and otherwise—before you take the plunge. Here are a few points to consider:
- Consider your current lifestyle and your anticipated future lifestyle.
- What do your five, ten, and 20-year plans look like?
- Look at the trends of market values and the cost of other necessities such as schooling, food, extracurriculars, tax rates, etc.
- Are you planning to expand your family?
- How long do you hope to live in your chosen area?
- Assess your present financial standing and future financial goals. Are you financially stable?
- What can you afford now, and how will your plans impact your goals for saving versus spending?
- Are you prepared to take on the commitment and responsibility that comes with owning a home?
- If you would like to explore ways to afford a larger home without increasing your monthly payment or upfront costs, consider our DubbleUpp program